Monday, 2 January 2012

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year to you all!

This post is all about - you guessed it - what I aim to achieve this year – since my last post several months ago, I have been squirreling away on NaNo and having mad inspiration for no less than six new WiPs of various formats. On to the list, which should make things much clearer!

  1. Finish the complete rewrite of my WiP, fondly known as Devil. I have a minimum of 20K and a maximum of 30K to write on that – I aim to finish that by the end of January.
  2. Plan the sequel to Devil – more on this later.
  3. Plan the first draft of a completely separate fantasy work, as yet untitled, to write a first 50K draft in February.
  4. Write number three as a 100 page screen play, as part of Script Frenzy in April – my only aim for this is to use it as a way of improving my dialogue.
  5. Plan and start writing another new novel (possibly as a blog) tentatively titled “The Last Wish”.
  6. Plan and write the first 50K draft of ‘The Demon Complex’ – for NaNo2012.
  7. Finally, use some of this inspiration to plan another, as yet untitled 1940s alternate history novel – to possibly be written during Camp NaNo 2012.


Now, I know that there are quite a few of you out there who could do with some cheerleading.  Traci and I were discussing the idea of setting up, for those of you who know Critique Circle, a thread where we post each day some snippets to keep us all going. We were also thinking about doing the same thing on the NaNo Fora – I’ll post more details when I have them!

So, I can safely you can expect more posts on how things are going!

All that remains to say is: 

May 2012 be a wonderful year of only good news – writerly or otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment